Tuesday, August 28, 2012

It's Time

Hello there, no I haven't quit this blog! I've been doing some planning and of course some changing! I don't know what it is that makes me so nervous to do this post, maybe it's that this is the time to show you what I've done and some might hate it but some might love it to. You don't know until you do it, right

Ok so I moved into this house and already I've painted about everything twice! I know what you're thinking, that's nuts! This is me, I'm obsessed with getting it just right for us.





These are some photos of my daughter's room, it's still in progress but so you can finally start following me and my craziness. The inspiration for her room came from her rug that I got when she first graduated into a big girl bed, and also what motivated me to do the change to the whole room was some cheap block print fabric I got off of eBay. Remember my post on wanting to paint something coral, we'll I hope I didn't disappoint. I couldn't get myself to do such a saturated color so I went with a seashell (a lighter coral). My husband and Lily helped with the decision :).  I wanted to add a bit more sophistication to her room but nothing too stuffy. It's a little bohemian which is really what draws me into a room, the mix of patterns and colors, the unexpected elements, and gold accents. I want her feel the love when it's completed. Like I said it's in progress but you get the idea. I still need her pillows cases to be sewn and a bed skirt, a photo gallery, closet doors off,  and the chandelier above our dining room table will replace her, not so easy on the eyes, fan.

Until next time friends, have a wonderful Tuesday! Off to do some more work i'll tell you about real soon! :)

3 comments: